Termites are destructive pests that can cause you a hefty headache and unexpected damages to your family home. It is recommended to have your property checked for signs of termite activity at least once a year, or more often if you live in an area with high termite risk.
An annual termite inspection can be the difference between a quick-fix solution and thousands of dollars in structural damage to your property. This handy guide will walk you through the questions you should ask your pest control expert before you book your termite inspection, and what happens during an inspection.
What questions should I ask before a termite inspection?
- Will my termite inspection exceed the requirements of Australian Standards? (AS3660.2)
- How long will the inspection take?
- Will the tools and products used during the inspection be safe for my family?
- What spaces will the inspection cover in and around my property?
- Will I need to provide access to hard-to-reach places in my property?
- Will a report on the termite inspection results be provided to me?
- Will a termite treatment or prevention plan be provided to me after the inspection?
What happens during a termite inspection?
Through Brisbane Termite and Pest Control, your pest control expert will conduct a comprehensive visual termite inspection (AS3660.2) in, around, and up to 50 meters from your home or up to the boundary line. This is extremely important, as your technician will be able to identify any dangers that may put your property at risk from termites in the future.
Your technician will use the latest technology to check for termite activity. This includes Termatrac, moisture meters, thermal imaging, and most importantly, sounding sticks. These devices are not structurally invasive to your property.
What happens after the inspection?
After checking your property for signs and risks of termite activity, your pest control expert will provide you with an electronic report of results, photos, and recommendations from the inspection. We will have this delivered to you on the same day.
We will leave your property as we found it – with no messes, fingermarks, or footprints left behind. Plus, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your termite inspection of the results of your report.